Monday, September 29, 2008

18. Priorities

All parents know that their priorities and those of their children don't always mesh. Case in point: my number one priority was getting to my cousin's wedding on time with my son looking darling in his coat and dress shirt. My son's priority was showing off his new Batman costume which he had gotten earlier that day. To alleviate a battle of the wills, we came to an agreement -- he could wear his costume in the car over his dress shirt as long as he took it off when we got to the church and put on his sportscoat. Crisis averted!

3 comments:

Andi said...

Compromise! Brilliant. I'm impressed he followed through. . .

ashley said...

I love it! I always admire parents who make it a "priority" to let their kids' personalities roam free. Kudos to Drew for his imagination!

Amy in GA said...

I've already heard this story, but I loved hearing it again with the picture attached. Cute, cute.