Sunday, September 28, 2008

15. Moody

I was really meant to have this shot (you have to enlarge it to really appreciate it). I travelled to Colorado about two weeks ago for a cousin's wedding. Following three days of sub-prime weather, my Mom, Aunt and I woke before sunrise on the day we were scheduled to leave in an attempt to see something of the mountains, which had been elusive the entire trip. As soon as dawn broke we could see that it was woefully foggy. We kept driving and about 1-1/2 hours later the fog lifted right as we got to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. We had spent all of our time driving, but got these gorgeous shots in about 15 mintues and turned around to head back to Denver to catch our plane. As we left, the clouds returned and it started raining. But God was smiling on me to get these shots -- and, he even included a few low clouds over the mountains for added effect.

4 comments:

Rivr Media Studios said...

I enjoyed your blog. I hope you get a chance to check mine out!

Andi said...

Love the commentary, too. It makes the pictures that much sweeter. Love the lingering clouds, too.

ashley said...

Really ethereal. I love that it's the Garden of the Gods...I can see why. Glad the trip was worth it!

Amy in GA said...

Yes, God smiled down on you for this one! I hope you are planning to enlarge and frame this one for your home. Gorgeous!!